Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The climax of a narrative or sequence of events...

Who would have thought that the payoff for all the aforementioned hardwork would come so soon? Today, I found out that I am the first ever Director of Public Relations and Marketing for The Burr, one of the school magazines (which is a paid position!).
About 15 minutes after finding out that I got the job, we had our first meeting and we have another meeting on Friday. I feel like I'm being inducted by fire...but I absolutely love it!




Some initial ideas for promotion:

1. Incorporate local businesses into the campaign by asking them to host promotional concerts.
2. Create a grassroots movement, similar to the Obey phenomenon, of ambiguous promotion materials to spark interest and interaction.
3. Taking a multimedia approach to promotions by utilizing standard items such as stickers, fliers, etc...as well as promotional spots in other forms of student media, online videos and, perhaps, photojournalistic efforts.


All of this was cultivated in under an hour. I'm getting very good vibes about this!

No comments: