Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's all so easy...

It's so easy to feel like life is passing you by when you are unsure of your future. I just broke up with my boyfriend of three years and moved across the country. I have no job, no apartment...I don't even have my cat right now. I am quick to feel overwhelmed these days.

Social media certainly doesn't help. I try to remind myself that everyone puts the best and most interesting parts of their lives on Facebook. Even I would probably seem to really have my shit together if all you knew about me were the things that I post on Facebook. But, when you see your ex and all of your friends having a grand ol' time while you are sitting in your pajamas with a glass of wine every night, reading and watching TV alone, it's just so easy to feel like you're missing out.

I know I am being too hard on myself. I just got to Colorado two weeks ago. It would be a goddamned miracle if I were to already have everything figured out. I just want to feel like I have SOMETHING figured out. It's so damn easy to feel like you're falling behind.

No comments: