Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Felt Free....

And it's nights like this that made us feel alive...

The beginning to a weekend of phenomenal proportions...I attended a house show at "House House" last night. I got down. I conversed with some wonderful people. I loved life.
It was one of those nights where you feel like the world makes sense again. The sheer atmosphere of community enveloped everyone around. I felt like everyone was just waiting around the corner to meet me and be life-long friends. The sense of Do It Together, rather than Do It Yourself...No one is left to their own devices. Last night went beyond the singularity of being straight into the depths of love, friendship and neighborhood.
Tonight, I fully anticipate getting down even harder! I'm so ready to party with Thrice and Manchester Orchestra! LET'S FUCKING GOOOO!
Tomorrow, we celebrate all of the hard work that the fantastic Burr crew invested all semester long coming to fruition in the form of a simply marvelous publication! I'm very proud to have been a part of this endeavor. Tomorrow we want everyone to join us at Professor's Pub in Kent, Ohio at 7 p.m. for food, music and jubilation!!!
Saturday, I fear for the safety of my household (but in a good way?). The annual CollegeFest will be ravaging my street from approximately 9 a.m. until another fire breaks out (see photo above from last year...) or the police shut us down (see other photo from last year...) or we simply dissipate like good civilians...Regardless, it is sure to be an event not to be missed!

I'm just exactly where I want to be...

No comments: